Sunday, December 16, 2012

The sounds of their voices

I feel like a horrible mother today.
 Every time, I hear my boys voices--even their laughter. I want to scream. Maybe it's because they are being extremely loud today. Maybe it's because they are playing with every loud and obnoxious toy they own--also causing the dog to bark nonstop. Maybe I'm just a horrible person today. I don't know. I do know that part of the issue is they have this sense of entitlement especially my twins. They think that everything in the house also belongs to them, thus they should be allowed to play and use whatever they want. It completely unnerves me. It's worse when they attempt to bully me into allowing them to play or use the electronics in the house--or worse they just starting using these items such the Playstation 3 or the desktop computer, or my cell phone. All for gaming--not educational purposes.   

Is it too much to ask for children to earn their privileges? I didn't think that was too much to ask. Although, I can't complain too much about that because when I reminded the twins of their chores, they hopped right on it. They completed them in record time. I just wish they would complete their chore before they think about playing games. 

I might be asking too much from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment