Saturday, December 15, 2012

a very bumpy month

This was supposed to be the last semester of schooling for my husband. Now, it doesn't look as if that is going to happen. When we added his points for the semester, he didn't have enough to pass the course which means he will not graduate. I think we should find a plan B, but Tim is wallowing over the fact that he didn't follow my advice about this course. I know he feels like I'm saying "I told ya, so" but I'm not. I just want to find a solution to this problem. 
I'm starting to think this all might be a blessing in disguise. He can pick up a minor in Forensic business investigations. This will open up another area of work for him. He will be able to work in banks, insurance companies, and retail stores. He could work loss prevention in retail stores or fraud detection for banks and insurance companies. 

Tim seems very hesitant about this whole thing. I know the largest reason for his hesitation is because he's tired of being in school. He just wants to get out into the workforce.  He thinks that having a job at the same time as finishing his schooling will be too much. If the entire family is helping him then it won't be too much. Maybe, I'm being delusional in the fact that he can work 40 hours and have a full time class schedule. That is a lot...maybe it's too much to ask of him especially when he's already burned-out. 

I'm just trying to figure out what's best for our family and ultimately for Tim. Part of me wants to tell him to suck it up and move on. Start planning for the next phase of his life or work through this bump in the road--and move forward. That seems very cold and callous. I won't tell him that. Besides he really can't do anything at all until Monday. Monday can look into his many options available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment